Indoor electrical safety tips for homeowners
Electrical systems and the electricity used in your home can pose a number of different safety risks. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of several important indoor electrical safety rules to follow to keep you and your family protected.
- Have a licensed, qualified heating technician service your furnace or heating system.
- Change heating system filters as recommended to keep air passing through.
- Replace batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Don’t use electrical appliances around wet areas like bathtubs or sinks.
- Dry your hands before using electrical appliances.
- Keep electric heaters on level surfaces and 6-8 feet from furniture, curtains and drapes.
Find more useful information about how to stay safe around electricity from our other safety pages: